– I read 366 books in 2010, and the insanity must be curbed somewhat. As a result, I hope to limit myself to under 200 books in 2011.
– I plan to write in a more equal proportion to the amount I read.
– I will continue to allow myself to not finish books that I don’t like, but I resolve to do a better job of it than I did last year. If a book is no good and can’t even bother being hilariously or spectacularly bad, I will give up on it. Worst-case scenario, I can skim it.
– I will limit myself to about 10-12 requests per week from the libraries I frequent. I will keep a journal of titles I want to request at a later date.
– I will let myself buy the books I want instead of not getting them and being sad about it later. Yes, I can get them from the library, but I am not obligated to.
– I will be better about buying more freely from smaller presses that I would like to support such as Dreamspinner, Samhain, Loose ID, and countless others. Since I do not buy most of my more mainstream reading selections, I should be spending more on books that are harder to come by and that deserve attention/love too.
– I will really try to read more science fiction and do my level best to complete all of my 2011 Reading Challenges.
– I will read The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan or die trying. It’s been two years of me trying to get through the first few chapters, and it’s driving me crazy.
– I will give myself permission to not read even if it is for days or weeks on end.
Do you have any reading goals or resolutions for next year? If you had any for 2010, how did they work out for you?