Every Friday, Jennifer from Crazy For Books sets up the Book Blogger Hop. It’s “a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word!”
This week’s question is: “If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?”
Let’s see. If I had that much money to spend on books right now, I would buy…
- Treachery in Death by J. D. Robb *
- The rest of the Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson **
- The first four books in the Maker’s Song series by Adrian Phoenix
- Sequels to various books I own and haven’t gotten around to purchasing
So mostly mass market paperbacks, but that’s pretty much all I buy when I do buy books. Hardcovers and quality trades for me are typically library requests.
Speaking of expensive, these selections combined might be over $80, but I’d probably go over because I would be in a bookstore with a list of books I wanted and I’m sure I’d find more than $80 worth of books I wanted.
Now that I’ve listed them out, of course, I’ll probably end up buying some of these books soon anyway.
* I am SO tired of waiting for a copy to come in at the library.
** I keep collecting them even though I still need to finish Gardens of the Moon.