My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by The Unread Reader where readers can swoon over boys in books every Wednesday!
Today’s Book Boyfriend is… Kenpachi Zaraki from Tite Kubo’s Bleach. It’s been awhile since I’ve read this particular manga, but I love this character very, very much.
A Decent Likeness of My Book Boyfriend:
Rather than trying to find a real person, here’s just some artwork. Because honestly no one looks like this in real life.
- 6′ 6″ tall
- Has two green eyes. Eye-patch merely seals off most of his spiritual energy.
- Spiked hair (with bells on the end).
- Shinigami (Soul Reaper/Death God)
- Captain of the 11th Division. Killed the previous Captain.
- Wild, aggressive, and demonic.
- Lives to fight.
- Kenpachi: Title given to the most power shinigami in any given generation who has slain the most enemies and wins the most battles.
- Zaraki: Name of the 80th district and the most violent, lawless sector of Soul Society.
- Adopted daughter: Yachiru Kusajishi.
What Led to Massive Crushing:
I’m big on fictional characters who can fight and who are not apologetic for who or what they are. And I love everything about Zaraki, especially the fact that even with all the craziness going on with him, he still has adopted a little girl with bright pink hair. Zaraki even takes excellent care of his own hair as well.