– I read 289 books in 2011. I was hoping to only read around 200, but that’s not too bad. And honestly there’s no sense angsting over a book addiction. In 2012, I plan to read however many books I do without questioning or analyzing and sans guilt.
– In 2012, I plan to do better by one of last year’s goals and write in a more equal proportion to the amount I read. I will also devote more time to the craft projects I would like to complete in the near future.
– I will allow myself to buy books regardless of how often I imagine I will read them and spend less time visiting bookstores only to walk away with nothing. I also plan on really stock-piling manga.
– Somewhat conversely, I will read more of the books I’ve bought in recent years and haven’t gotten around to.
– I will continue to check out mountains of books from libraries, but I will only try to only request review copies of books that I’m actually dying to read.
– I will continue to be better about buying more freely from smaller presses that I would like to support such as Dreamspinner, Samhain, Loose ID, and countless others.
– I will continue to give myself permission to not read even if it is for days or weeks on end.
– I will continue to give myself permission not to review a book if I would rather not do so for whatever reason and regardless of how the book came to me.
– I will attempt to read some Bizarro books instead of spending hours of my life eyeing their summaries and covers with a mixture of confusion and curiosity on GoodReads.
– I will attempt The Eye of the World yet again since I didn’t manage to read it in 2011.
– I will finish reading the A Song of Ice and Fire books that are out and then possibly cross-stitch wall hangings of the sigils of various houses. Or at least House Lannister.
Do you have any reading goals or resolutions for next year? If you had any for 2011, how did they work out for you?